Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Jurnal Keperawatan Sada is a peer-reviewed scientific journal and published regularly in February and August every year.
The focus and scopes of the journal include adult nursing, emergency nursing, gerontological nursing, community nursing, mental health nursing, pediatric nursing, maternity nursing, nursing leadership and management, complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in nursing, and education in nursing.
Articles sent to the journal are not yet published. To avoid double publication, Jurnal Keperawatan Sada does not accept any articles which are also sent to other journals for publication at the same time. The writer should ensure that all members of his/her team have approved the article for publication. Any research report on humans as subject should enclosure the signed informed consent and prior ethical approval was obtained from a suitably constituted research ethics committee or institutional review board. If any financial support was received, or relationship(s) existed, the authors should mention that no conflict of interest of any financial support or any relationship or other, exists during a research project. Those points should mention in the Cover Letter to Editor of Jurnal Keperawatan Sada.
Each manuscript is reviewed by the editors, and if of a sufficient standard, sent for blinded reviewed by at least two editorial board members who come from a range of countries as chosen by the journal team based on their expertise. The result may be accepted with no correction, accepted with little correction, accepted with many corrections and refused. The sending author is given opportunity to correct the article on the basis of suggestion received from the reviewer. Certain information of whether the article is accepted and published or refused is given to the sending author in written.
The article of research should be written on essay format which is outlined as follow:
- Title Page. This includes: the title of the manuscript, the full names without academic and professional credentials with commas between names. A number (1) is to be used to designate the corresponding author with academic and professional credentials, institutional affiliation(s), postal and e-mail addresses of each author. The title is written in Bahasa Indonesia.
- Abstract. Abstract is written in Bahasa Indonesia (Ringkasan) and English. Abstract for research articles, literature review, and case report should use maximum 250 words. Research article should consist of background, purpose, methods, results and conclusion. Abstract is clearly written and is short to help readers get understanding on the new and important aspects without reading the whole article. Keywords are written on the same page with abstract separated each other with coma (,). Please use maximum 5 appropriate words for helping the indexing.
Manuscript is written in Bahasa Indonesia. Manuscript is in continuous order:
-Background: Background provides the state of the art of the study and consists of an adequate background, previous research in order to record the existing solutions/method to show which is the best, and the main limitation of previous research, to show the scientific merit or novelties of the paper. Avoid a detailed literature survey or a summary of the results.
-Purpose: The objective should state the major aim of the research.
-Methods: Method consists of research design, place and time of research, population and sample, data measurement and data analysis method. Provide sufficient details of the methods including the ethical conduct.
-Results: Results state the major findings of the research instead of providing data in great detail. Results should be clear, concise and can be reported on texts or graphics. Please provide some introduction for the information presented on tables or images.
-Discussion: The discussion should explore the significance of the results of the study. The following components should be covered in discussion: How do your results relate to the original question or objectives outlined in the background section (what)? Do you provide interpretation scientifically for each of your results or findings presented (why)? Are your results consistent with what other investigators have reported (what else)? Or are there any differences?-Conclusion: Conclusions should answer the objectives of research telling how advanced the result is from the present state of knowledge. Conclusions should be clear in order to know it merits publication in the journal or not. Provide a clear scientific justification and indicate possible applications and extensions. Recommendation should also be pointed out to suggest future research and implication in the nursing practice.-Acknowledgments (if any):Briefly acknowledge research funders, and any research participants in this section.-Reference: The Reference consists of all references used to write the articles. Ensure that citations used are as contemporary as possible, including those from the current year of writing. Delete older literature citations (more than 10 years) unless these are central to your study. References should avoid the use of secondary citations (if necessary use max 20% of citations).
The structure of article of literature study is title, name of author (with no academic title); abstract; keywords; background; objectives; methods (please describe searching databases, how many article retrieved); results (summary from the research review); discussion; or conclusion; and references.
Every table is typed on 1 space. Number of table is systematic as mentioned on the texts and completed with short title each. Provide explanation on the footnotes instead of on title. Please explain on footnotes all non standards information mentioned on table. Total table should not more than 6 tables.
The layout of article is to be written in A4 paper with margin at least 2.5 for each using Microsoft Word, Times New Roman font and single-spaced. The maximum number of page is 20. Each page is numbered starting from title until the last page of the article.
Reference and citation use bracketed citation (name, year). Direct citation on references should include page number of the citation. American Psychological Association applies in writing the article. See Examples of referencing below:Journal Article
Chan, S. W. (2011). Global perspective of burden of family caregivers for persons with schizophrenia. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 25, 339–349.
Polit, D. E., & Beck, C. T. (2008). Nursing research: Generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice (8th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
World Health Organization. (2008). The global burden of disease: 2004 update. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization. Retrieved from: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/global_burden_disease/GBD_report_2004update_full.pdf
Submission. Each submitted manuscript must conform to the Instructions to Authors and should be submitted online at http://jurnal.ukh.ac.id/index.php/KN
The author should fulfill the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered. After all form textbox was filled, Author clicks on “Register” button to proceed the registration. Therefore, Author is brought to online author submission interface where Author should click on “New Submission”. In the Start a New Submission section, click on “’Click Here’: to go to step one of the five-step submission process”. The following are five steps in online submission process:
- Step 1 - Starting the Submission: The author must check-mark on the submission checklists.
- Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file (.doc/.docx) to be submitted, then click "Upload" button until the file has been uploaded. Make sure the author's name and affiliation are not included in the manuscript.
- Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: Detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords.
- Step 4 – Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including Author Statement. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the files, and then click on Upload button.
- Step 5 – Confirming the Submission: Author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to Jurnal Keperawatan Sada, click Finish Submission button after the document is true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgment by email and will be able to view the submission’s progress through the editorial process by logging into the journal web address site.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.